Welcome

Welcome

Thursday, October 16, 2008

I thought....

I was conscious about my health but I was wrong. I have been abusing my body for years without realizing it. After my gynae check up and my sudden operation I realize I bad I was with my body. I only did my pap smear after 2 years delivered Aaron. Even then, I should have done it way before Aaron was born but I neglect it. Having few history of breast cancer and ovary cancer in my family I only do the mammogram this year. My friend Linda that stayed in the States informed me that over there they only encourage woman above 40 to do the mammogram. May be due the expensive fee. But I was on the way to the hospital and I heard our local ads urging young Malaysian woman to take first step on breast check up or mammogram and also pap smear due the breast cancer and cervical cancer statistic is getting higher. Why not take precaution earlier? We can spend our money on food, drink and party, there should some money spend on heath.

While I was going to my physiotherapy session, my gynae doctor asking me to see her and it seems that my pap smear wasn't great after all. There some fungus was detected and she give me some medication to kill the germ inside my vagina. Just imagine, I thought I was clean. We can never be too sure nowadays.

On my physiotherapy session, I learn day to day movement how we can care about our back. Honestly, I heard this when we were in junior high school and even our mom always told us to sit up straight and don't sloughing. And yet, we choose not to care and now I had no choice to care. I had to learn this in my 30's again and what a embracement as it show it was me who abuse my own body. Oh well mistake has been done and I live to tell it. I hope my writing could give some awareness to all my ladies friends how important for us to take care outside and inner body. I have paid the price!

No comments: